15 Oct Williams Fork Dam Hydro Unit No. 1 Overhaul
Gracon was contracted by Denver Water to perform a complete overhaul of Unit #1 and fixed wheel penstock maintenance.
- Overhaul of a (3) MW vertical Leffel Turbine and electric machinery generator including brushless excitation, turbine parts refurbishment, and generator cleaning.
- Replacement of the existing Unit No. 1 generator excitation system.
In addition, we performed:
- Maintenance and testing of HPU1.
- Replacement and modification of the Unit No. 1 draft tube dewatering system.
- Refurbishment of the 70-inch by 93-inch penstock fixed wheel gate hydraulic cylinder.
- Demolition and replacement of the existing penstock fixed wheel gate HPU.
- Installation of second air compressor in the dam bubbler system and replacement of discharge line heat trace and insulation.